Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Customizing Fire Place Matches


I must have seen this idea somewhere, and my best friend from middle school, Brynne, who incidently designs beautiful rooms at Bedrooms by Brynne, did this project for a TV spot at some point. I looked far and wide for fireplace matches, which would be easy to find this time of year, one would think, but no. Finally I found a square box, even though I was looking for a cylindrical box, at a hardware store in the suburbs.

I folded a piece of pretty scrapbooking paper around the box and made some creases. Next I sprayed the back side of the paper with spray adhesive and carefully placed it around the box of matches. For the folded lid I placed a small square of stickified paper on it and pressed firmly. Another inexpensive holiday gift, this one for one of my best friends from high school.

No comments: