Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stainless Steel Chopsticks


Are a really neat thing, and apparently common in the average Korean household. I thought they'd just be a cool gift for my friend, who happens to be Korean-American, you know like stainless steel appliances are supposedly better than regular ones. Another friend suggested Super H Mart, a huge Korean grocery store and mini-mall that happens to be on my way to and from work in Niles, on Waukegan Road between Howard and Oakton.

The store is so great! The produce section is large and cheap and leafy green plus a bunch of other stuff that I don't even know what it is. And the oil/sauce/vinegar aisle is actually three lengths long. I just went for Wishbone dressing because I didn't know what the rest of the labels said. Anyway, I found these chopsticks for $1 per pair at the housewares store inside the main store. I am going to wrap them in kraft paper and baker's twine, what else?

1 comment:

Alison said...

can you knit with those stainless steel chopsticks...?