Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cable Knit Afgan



I first saw this afgan on Apartment Therapy's children's site Ohdeeoh. And when they said it was handmade I knew I was in luck, as opposed to all those who don't knit, I knew I could have it. The pattern comes from Lion Brand Yarn's website and it calls for 9 skeins of Wool Ease Thick & Quick yarn, but I found it takes about 10 skeins on size 13 needles (recommended in pattern). The pattern is fairly easy as soon as you get going and it is made of five cabled panels, with eight cables each and is 48" by 48". It took me about 15-20 hours (a rough estimate) all accomplished while I was at the hospital and at home with my mother in Texas. I will be giving it to my small group leaders for their second baby, a girl, due in March. I'm a little early but I knew I would need a big project when I went to visit my mom. I also found that I needed to start a green one for a college friend's second baby, so that's on the needles now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a really nice afgan