Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First stand mixer batch of cookies!

My much coveted Kitchenaid stand has arrived and I set it up right away and turned it on, before even unpacking after returning from a trip, Amazingly it works, and was not damaged in the shipping. Hooray for Ebay!

I made an innaugural batch of cookies to test it out. I used my favorite recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies from the Joy of Cooking, First Scribner Edition, 1995, page 708. Below is the recipe:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 cup uncooked quick oats
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Cream sugar and butter together, add wet ingredients. Add flour and baking soda and powder and salt and combine well. Add oats and combine well. Add optional items if deisred. I have added the cinnamon to the recipe and everyone seems to enjoy it, especially when there are fresh pecans in the mix too.

No comments: